RACC WEB 115 Class #6 Lecture
Finish Ch. 3 Lecture
Using Libraries & Styles
- Look in C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Fireworks MX\Configuration\Libraries for the Animations.png, Bullets.png, Buttons.png, & Themes.png libraries.
- Store a "style" in the Styles window in order to reuse it on other Fireworks images that you create for consistency and to save time.
Creating animated gifs
- Discuss frames and how they are different from layers
- Examine the frames panel
- Create and export a simple animated gif by creating 2 or 3 frames by hand
- Create an animated gif by using the Modify/Symbol/Tween Instances menu command between two symbol instance.
- Create a 400 x 60 pixel banner as an animated gif by using the Modify/Symbol/Tween Instances menu command between two symbol instances
- Follow this guide for creating animated gif's in Fireworks MX.
(if time) Creating buttons and rollovers
- It is wise to use symbols as buttons for increased consistency throughout your web pages and web sites. A Fireworks symbol is stored in the document's Library.
- Use the Edit/Insert/New Button menu command to bring up the Button Editor which allows you to create a button with up and over states.
- Carefully export a button keeping track of its corresponding HTML along with its various images (up and over states).
- You can also create the up and over state images for a button without using button symbols in Fireworks. Simply create an up state graphic and then duplicate that frame. In the second frame (the over state), change some aspect of the graphic. Then export each frame separately using the File/Export or File/Export Preview menu command. Be careful to name these two gif images appropriately. Then, use the Insert/Interactive Images/Rollover Image menu command in Dreamweaver to actually add the rollover to a web page. Follow this guide for using this method to create rollovers.
(if time) Test our logons & passwords to the RACC stuwebsrv server. Go to My Network Places/Entire Network/Microsoft Windows Network/Workgroup/stuwebsrv . Arthur, what is my password and do I have permissions to create folders?