RACC WEB 115 Class #16 Lecture
Class will be held at Wyomissing Area High School in Room 202 on Thursday Mar 7 from 7-9 pm.
Any problems with the jump menu tutorial?
Set up a "Project 1" site definition in Dreamweaver to connect to the RACC FTP server. Set "Access" to FTP. In the FTP host box, enter "studentwebsrv". Leave the host directory blank. Checkmark "Use passive FTP".
Ch. 8 Lecture
- .jpg - lossy which means that the rich, colorful detail of a digital camera or high-resolution scanned image can be shown in a Web browser since the .jpg compression scheme "compacts" this detail
- .gif - lossless which means that you'll never get the rich, colorful look back again if you turn your only copy of a digital camera picture into a gif
- .png - supposed to be the up-and-coming graphic format that was designed for the Web and that combines many of the advantages of gif and jpg.
- see the chart on p. 294
- See my Audio notes at this Penn State WebPro workshop
- downloaded audio
- wav - Inserted Example - Embedded Example -
- streaming audio
- Windows Media Player
- You can find some sound files at echovibes.com
Animation (Flash, etc.)
- See my Video notes at this Penn State WebPro workshop
- mov (QuickTime)
Using Dreamweaver's Insert menu command
- Realize that you can always include audio, video, animation or other multimedia by typing HTML
Using Dreamweaver's Assets Panel