RACC VB Class #4 Lecture
Possible quiz on the annotated Hello
World quiz handout
(if necessary) Review Chapter 1 Review Questions #1, 4, 9, 11-14,
& 15 on p. 46.
Finish building Ch2Demo1 using the interface,
properties, and events
planning forms that are provided as handouts
- finish setting properties in the Properties window as specified by the Properties
- finish typing the code in the Code window to match the pseudocode on the
Events planning form
- observe & discuss the focus
- inspect and change (if necessary) TabIndex properties
- set certain command buttons' Default and Cancel properties to True
- test the access keys (Alt + C, etc.)
- discuss the SetFocus method
- use a With statement in the Form_Load event procedure
- line up the textboxes and labels with the Left and Top properties as well
as the Format/Align menu command
As a class build a project named Ch2Demo2 (interface
and code) to illustrate or review
any other relevant Ch. 2 topics
- use a frame object with option buttons
- create the option buttons by single-clicking and dragging (do not double-click
the Toolbox icon)
- use check boxes
- set the Picture property of an image control to a clipart, gif, or jpg file
- right-click, "Save As...", and double-click this executable
version of Ch 2 Demo #2
- note that there is no exit button - check the Task Manager (Alt-Tab-Delete)
to see if the program still consumes memory
Discuss any remaining Ch. 2
(if time & if necessary) Review Feedback 2.2 questions on
(if time & if necessary) Review the Ch. 2 Review Questions
#1-17 on pp. 79 & 80
(if time) Begin Ch. 3 Lecture
- Do Ch. 2, Worksheet #1
- Read Ch. 3 online notes
- Read Ch. 3.
- (if time) Do Feedback 3.1 on p. 90.
- (if time) Do Feedback 3.2 on pp. 93 & 94.
- (if time) Do Feedback 3.3 on p. 97.
- (if time) Do Feedback 3.4 on p. 100.
- (if time) Do Feedback 3.5 on p. 104.
- (if time) Write out answers to Ch. 3 Review Questions #1-9 on p. 118