WHY YOU SHOULD STUDY COMPUTER SCIENCE?
Please use the Naviance software at http://succeed.naviance.com (account: wyomissing) to enter resume data and request recommendations from Mr. Minich.
MR. MINICH REQUIRES THE FOLLOWING ITEMS IN ORDER TO WRITE A STUDENT'S COLLEGE RECOMMENDATION:
- ask him in person being sure to give him at least two weeks to write a recommendation.
- Give Mr. Minich a folder that is labeled on the outside with your name and the exact name of each college and the
due date for that college's recommendation. Keep Mr. Minich informed if you make any changed to this list of colleges and due dates. For example, if you decide not to apply to a certain college let him know. If you decide to apply early decision to a college and therefore need the recommendation for that specific college a month earlier then let him know so he can update his master list and prioritize your recommendation higher. Even though Naviance also organizes this information, don't assume that Mr. Minich regularly logs into and refreshes his main Naviance screen.
- In the folder, place the following items:
an edited version of this document
2/ a list of technology-related accomplishments that you have done (helped Mr. Minich teach Summer Safari workshops, set up your home Internet router, etc.)
- follow the guidance counselor's rules for using Naviance and type his name into Naviance as one of your recommendation writers. Input all of your accomplishments and other noteworthy experiences
that he might be able to include within his letter of recommendation into Naviance. Do
not be humble but, rather, list ALL of the things you can think of that distinguish
to the college. Be sure to list ALL computer & technology-related things
that you have done since the nature of his essay will probably focus on
characteristics. While he will not lie about your experiences, he may overlook
things that you have done otherwise. Also, some things do not naturally "fit"
anywhere else on a college application, so the teacher recommendation may
be the only means of telling the college admissions officials about certain
things that you have done.
- you must sign the waiver in Naviance to waive
your rights to read the recommendation.
- for schools that do not accept electronic recommendations through Naviance, give Mr Minich appropriately addressed (preferably typed), stamped envelopes. Use the
the following return address, not your home address.
WYOMISSING AREA JR/SR HIGH SCHOOL
ATTN: MR MINICH
630 EVANS AVE
WYOMISSING PA 19610
- IF HE WRITES YOU A RECOMMENDATION, MR. MINICH WOULD APPRECIATE THAT YOU LIST HIM AS ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE TEACHERS IN YOUR SENIOR WILL AT THE END OF YOUR SCHOOL YEAR :)