RACC VB Class #5 Lecture
Possible quiz (perhaps list any 3 objects and any 3 properties)
Possibly submit Ch. 2 Worksheet #1 for a homework grade
Finish Ch2Demo2 (interface
- use a frame object with option buttons
- create the option buttons by single-clicking and dragging (do not double-click
the Toolbox icon)
- use check boxes
- set the Picture property of an image control to a clipart, gif, or jpg file
- right-click, "Save As...", and double-click this executable
version of Ch 2 Demo #2
- note that there is no exit button - check the Task Manager (Alt-Tab-Delete)
to see if the program still consumes memory
(if time & if necessary) Review Feedback 2.2 questions on
(if time & if necessary) Review the Ch. 2 Review Questions
#1-17 on pp. 79 & 80
(if time & if necessary) Discuss Ch.
2 Worksheet #1
(if necessary) Discussion of Hands-On Programming Example on pp.
71+ of the textbook.
Begin the Ch. 3 Lecture
As a class build a demo program that illustrates the Ch.
- using variables of different data types in a program that only has a Form_Load
- observing an overflow run-time error
- converting string values to numeric values and vice versa with the Str and
- Closely read & study the Ch. 3 online
- Review any online Ch. 3 Demo Program(s)
- Do Ch. 3, Worksheet #1. This could
be collected and graded.
- Follow the steps on pp. 110+ to create the Ch. 3 "Hands-On Programming
Example" project. Bring this project to class on a floppy disk.
- Do Feedback 3.1 on p. 90 & check your answers with those in the back
of the textbook.
- Do Feedback 3.2 on pp. 93 & 94 & check your answers.
- Do Feedback 3.3 on p. 97 & check your answers.
- Do Feedback 3.4 on p. 100 & check your answers.
- Do Feedback 3.5 on p. 104 & check your answers.
- Write out the answers to Ch. 3 Review Questions #1-9 on p. 118, if not completed