PRG 240 - Class #8 Lecture
Ch. 4 Discussion
- Review the Ch. 3 VB Auto Center specs
- Discuss the DataCombo settings for Advanced Vision & Beyond (see
p. 147). Correlate these settings to those that you need to use in Ch.
3 VB Auto Center. Remember that you only need to use a DataCombo for manufacturer.
- Discuss the Relation Hierarchy that needs to be set up in Ch. 3 VB Auto
Center in order to join the Customer and Vehicle tables. See pp. 128+
to set up this relationship.
- Clarify that the report for the Ch. 3 VB Auto Center project only needs
to display customer number, customer name, and inventory ID (not vehicle
- Any other questions regarding the specs? Use AVB as help for this assignment
since it uses a data environment rather than ADO controls.
- (if time/ if necessary) Review the Ch04 "InChapter Exercises"
from the Student CD-ROM
- Ch04Update - pp. 167+
- Ch04FindListBox - pp. 172+
- Ch04SQLQuery - pp. 181+
- uses the Query Builder
- Create this project by following the steps on pp. 181 -187 as a
class. Copy and paste the code from the CD-ROM to save time.
Individually work on Ch. 3 VB Auto Center, which is due next week.
- Finish the Ch. 3 VB Auto Center project on p. 156 by
our next class (Apr. 2). Hand in the project saved in a labelled
folder on floppy disk. Make sure that the floppy disk is labelled with your
name and "Ch 3 VB Auto Center". Also, hand in the source code stapled together
with your name clearly marked in the documentation.
- Read Ch. 5
Copyright © 2001 Curtis Minich. All Rights Reserved.