PRG 240 - Class #7 Lecture
Take quiz which is modelled on either Programming Exercise 3.1 from p. 155.
Display the fields in the Patient table of the AVB.mdb database using bound
labels. Use the ADO data control itself to provide the user with a means of
navigation. Include a File/Exit menu command. Make sure that the user cannot
change any data in the AVB.mdb database. Save the project and a copy of the
AVB.mdb database in a folder named Class7Quiz. Submit this folder on a floppy
disk labeled with your name.
Finish discussing Ch. 3
- (OPTIONAL) Execute the Ch03DE2 project (see pp. 128-129?) from the
CD-ROM. Examine & discuss the code to this project.
- (if time) Discuss the Data Report Designer on pp. 132+.
- Create the Ch03Report project on pp. 133 - 141 as a class. You can finish
this example at home.
- (if time) Execute (from CD-ROM) and discuss the Ch. 3 Advanced Vision and
Beyond project pp. 145-152.
Begin our Ch. 4 Discussion
- CursorLocation property (p. 158)
- CursorType property (p. 159)
- LockType property (p. 159)
- Mode property (p. 160)
- Using a recordset's AddNew method (p. 162)
- Using a recordset's Update method (p. 162)
- Using a recordset's Delete method (p. 163)
- Input validation with updates to a recordset
- locking a textbox (p. 165)
- using the Validate event (p. 165+) - analyze the Validate event code
on p. 166
- (if time) Discuss the Add procedure on p. 168
- (if time) Review the Ch04 "InChapter Exercises" from the Student
- Ch04Update - pp. 167+
- Ch04FindListBox - pp. 172+
- (if time) Ch04SQLQuery - pp. 181+
- uses the Query Builder
- Create this project by following the steps on pp. 181 -187 as a
class. Copy and paste the code from the CD-ROM to save time.
(if time) Individually work on Ch. 3 VB Auto Center, which is due soon.
- Read Ch. 4, pp. 158 - 189 if you haven't already.
- Execute and study the Ch04 "InChapter Exercises" from the Student
- If we did not complete this exercise in class, create your own version of
the Ch04SQLQuery (Ch04SQLSearch on the CD-ROM) project by following the steps
on pp. 181 - 187. Study the code that you are asked to type (or copy and paste)
on pp. 186 & 187.
- Continue to extend your Ch. 2 VB Auto Center into the Ch. 3 VB Auto Center
project as detailed on p. 156. This project is due on
Apr. 2 (if we have class on Mar. 26). It will be due on Apr. 9
if we do NOT have class on Mar. 26. Hand in the project saved in a labelled
folder on floppy disk. Make sure that the floppy disk is labelled with your
name and "Ch 3 VB Auto Center". Also, hand in the source code stapled together
with your name clearly marked in the documentation. Be sure to review the
end of Ch. 3 to learn how to use the Data Report Designer to create the required
Copyright © 2001 Curtis Minich. All Rights Reserved.