PRG 240 - Class #11 Lecture
Quiz - You have 10 minutes to create a project that allows the user
to navigate the records of the VBAuto Customer table. All three fields of the
VBAuto Customer table must be visible in bound textboxes on the form. The user
must be able to use command buttons to navigate the records. Be sure that an
error does not occur if the user tries to advance beyond the the "front
end" or the "back end" of the recordset. You should also have
buttons that allow the user to immediately access the first record in the table
and the last record in the table.
Discuss the submitted Ch. 3 VB Auto Center projects. Clarify the specs. Resubmit
these projects next week on Tue 4/23 (along with Ch. 4 VB Auto.) You will have
some class time on Thur 4/18 to work on any project.
Begin Ch. 6 Lecture & Discussion
- Background lecture on classes, objects, properties, and methods.
- As a class, do Ch06CreateObject as described on pp. 255-259. To save time,
copy & paste this code.
- Do Feedback 6.1 on p. 259
- Do Feedback 6.2 on p. 262
- (if time) Step through the project using the F8 key as directed on p. 262.
- As a class, continue the Ch06CreateObject example as described on p. 267.
To save time, copy & paste this code.
- (if time) Continue the Ch06CreateObject example as described on pp. 269-277.
Finish this for homework if we do not have time to create this in class. While
I will not be requiring you to closely study the section called Errors on
p. 278, you should read the material for exposure.
- Don't worry about the Errors section of the chapter on pp. 278+.
- (if time) Use the Object Browser with our new classes following directions
on pp. 282+.
- Review the Summary on p. 292 and the Key Terms on pp. 293 & 294.
- (if time) Begin Programming Exercise 6.1 on p. 294.
Ch. 4 VB Auto Center working session
- Review Ch. 4 VB Auto Center specs & spend the remaining time working
on that assignment. Remember that it is optional to allow the user to sort
the customers. Handling possible program errors is optional as well.
Copyright © 2001 Curtis Minich. All Rights Reserved.
- Review any notes and/or activities in the above lecture that were not covered
- Read Ch. 6 if you haven't done so already. There may be a True/False, Multiple
Choice, or Fill-in-the-Blank quiz on Ch. 6 at a future class.
- Read Ch. 8. (We will not be covering Ch. 7 this semester.)
- Finish Ch. 4 VB Auto Center which is due on 4/23.
It is optional to allow the user to sort the customers. Handling possible
program errors is optional as well. Submit the project saved in a labelled
folder on floppy disk. Make sure that the floppy disk is labelled with your
name and "Ch 4 VB Auto Center". Also, hand in the source code stapled together
with your name clearly marked in the documentation. Please make this project
portable. Some students must add a shortcut menu to this project since they
didn't use a shortcut menu in Ch. 2 VB Auto Center.
- If you are finished with Ch. 4 VB Auto Center, begin Ch. 5 VB Auto Center
#1 only on p. 248. That is, make your VB Auto Center project work with
ADO object code rather than a Data Environment. This project will be due at
our last class.