INSYS 400 -
Class #10 Resources
- Classwork - Put finishing touches on your Web
site, Multimedia Presentation, and/or
- Take the INSYS 400 Final Exam at funbrain.com.
- Visit www.funbrain.com
- Click the hyperlink for "Quiz Lab" in the upper-right corner.
- Under student login, type "insys400word" as the Secret Word
and type your name as "Your Name".
- After you've finished the 10-question multiple-choice exam, you will
see your results. The results will also be emailed to the instructor.
- You can create your own quizzes for free at funbrain.com! It's easy
and convenient for you to make quizzes and for your students to take them.
An online gradebook is even kept for your convenience. For only $29.95/year,
you can set up multiple teacher accounts and share quizzes too! Brian
uses 12teach.com to create similar
online free quizzes.
- (if time) Discussion - Using school portals, using
email efficiently, & My Yahoo
(if time) Demonstration - Multimedia on the Web
- School portals such as blackboard.com,
myschoolonline.com, and bigchalk.com,
- Web-based email vs. conventional POP email
- How to sign up for free Web-based email such as Yahoo
- Automatic forwarding, leaving mail on the server, etc.
- Checking your POP email with any email program at home,
at work, on vacation, etc.
- use the Mail2Web.com
- memorize your incoming mail server name.
- To read your Wyomissing email at home, you simply
have to type mail.wyoarea.k12.pa.us as the incoming mail
server name and the use the first part of your school email (e.g.
cminich) as your username.
- To read your home email at school, type the incoming
mail server name for your ISP such as mail.att.com and use the first
part of your personal email address. This should work for just about
everyone except for AOL users.
- Setting up a personal My Yahoo page
to conveniently track stock prices, news, t.v. guide listing, addresses,
calendar and more!
Demonstration - A tour of the highlights of Mr.
Uses of the Internet workshop.